During the holidays, throwing together an appetizer quickly can be a blessing for any host or hostess. These Rosemary Pineapple Mozzarella Bites fit the bill perfectly.
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs chopped rosemary
- 20 baby bocconcini balls
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes, red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup pineapple, fresh or from a tin
- 20 cocktail sticks, or trimmed rosemary branches
- Place the olive oil into a frying pan, add the rosemary and place over a low heat. Allow the oil to heat up and as soon it starts to shimmer, remove from the heat and pour the oil into a heatproof bowl.
- Drain the bocconcini balls and placing them in a separate bowl with the chili flakes. Shake gently to ensure each ball has a little chili on it, then set aside.
- Cut the pineapple into 20 small chunks. (or if using tinned just drain the pineapple)
- Place your frying pan back on the heat (no need to wash it) and add the pineapple. Cook over a high heat for 2 minutes then flip and cook on the other side for a further 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and tip the pineapple into the warm rosemary oil. Allow to cool.
- Take your cocktail stick (or branch) and push on a baby bocconcini ball. Add a chunk of pineapple and set onto a platter.
- Cover and keep chilled until your party. Just remember to remove them from the fridge at least 15 minutes before you want to eat them.